The Inn is comprised of the 1898 Victorian House, and the 1838 Welty House (once occupied by Confederate soldiers). The historic brick buildings sit side by side and share a lovely landscaped garden with spacious brick-paved patios that create a serene courtyard atmosphere. At the back of the garden is the recently renovated two-story Carriage House. The Inn’s parking lot has 14 off-street parking spaces.
There are 15 guest rooms, all with private bathrooms, TV with satellite service, WiFi and individually controlled heat and cooling:
- 1898 Victorian House, with four bedrooms on 2nd floor and four on 3rd floor
- 1838 Welty House, with three bedrooms on 1st floor and three on 2nd floor
- Carriage House, with living room and kitchenette on 1st floor, bedroom and bath on 2nd floor
The Victorian House also features two common rooms, two dining rooms, two adjoining kitchens (functioning as one) and a guest powder room. A wrap-around porch provides covered seating for guests. Front and back porches on both houses provide covered guest seating. Guests have breakfast and other refreshments at the Victorian House or on the patios.
Gettysburg zoning permits the owners to live off-premise. The Inn’s strong room revenue and a favorable rental market make this an attractive option. For owners who wish to live on premise, the Carriage House would be an ideal private owner’s cottage.